SAILING IN CROATIA - THE SAFEST HOLIDAY OPTION AT THE MOMENT
CROATIA IS LOW-RISK DESTINATION AND BORDERS ARE OPEN
Thanks to the timely, quick and decisive reaction to Coronavirus threat undertaken by Croatian authorities the spread of the virus in Croatia has been kept under control and the number of infections and deaths has been well under European average. The latest information about Coronavirus situation in Croatia you can check on the official web page. As a result, with the beginning of May, Croatia has started with easing of lockdown measures in several stages. Schools and kindergartens, hairdressers, beauty salons, shopping malls, cafes, restaurants, hotels and marinas have reopened in first two stages while in the last stage, a few days ago (on 18th May), state borders have reopened for EU/EEA(UK included) visitors who own real estate, boat or travel for business reasons. Yacht charter booking is considered travel for business reasons. Presenting the verified Crew list, Booking confirmation and your ID or passport on border cross you will be allowed to cross the Croatian border. Also14-days self-isolation is no more mandatory upon crossing the Croatian border but in order to reduce the risk of spreading the virus, all nationals entering the Republic of Croatia are to follow the recommendations and instructions issued by Croatian Institute of Public Health published here. More information on border crossing you can find on the web page of the Croatia Ministry of the Interior.
ISLAND GAZ BRIJUNI, AUTHOR: RENCO KOSINOŽIĆ, SOURCE: HTZ, CROATIAN TOURIST BOARD WWW.CROATIA.HR
SAILBOATS - THE BEST POST CORONA HOLIDAY RETREAT
A private sailboat charter in Croatia is the safest option for 2020. holidays for a number of reasons:
- ISOLATION - There is no better place for isolation than a sailboat. Bring your family or small group of people that you know well and sail away to one of the numerous secluded bays. Each day sail to another bay on the same or another island.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE - It is easy to keep social distance on the boat. While staying onboard you will be in touch only with your crew. There is no possibility of unwanted contacts. You choose whether and when to go ashore where you can also easily keep social distance since this summer the islands will for sure not be crowded with tourists.
- OPEN SEA, FRESH AIR & SUNLIGHT - As researches confirm open sea, fresh air and sunlight are harmful to viruses and bacterias while improving the human immune system.
- COMFORT - Sailboats are true "home away from home". Charter sailboats come equipped with all you might need for a comfortable and safe living onboard. All the provisions you will need for your week or longer sailing trip can be delivered onboard. If you don't want to take a risk of going to the restaurant (although restaurants are open and work respecting the safety and hygienic rules set up by authorities) you can prepare all your meals on board. Mobile internet connection onboard will make sure you are able to reply to some important email or you don't miss a favourite TV show.
- NO CROWD - as always, on a private sailboat charter trip you choose your itinerary yourself, you choose when and where to go. Every day you can sail to the new isolated bay, discover lonely beaches and swim in immaculate waters of Adriatic sea.
BOATS ARE THOROUGHLY CLEANED AND DESINFECTED
Croatian Institute of Public Health issued specific recommendations for all service providers in tourism. Charter companies, nautical ports, marinas, transfer agencies, cares, restaurants...etc.are obliged to adjust their work and provision of services according to the specific recommendations for each service type.
Although impeccable cleaning and hygienic standards have always been part of our yacht cleaning process we have now upgraded those to the even higher level to minimize the potential risk of virus transmission.
Our upgraded cleaning procedures include:
- bedsheets and towels are washed on 90°C by a professional laundry service provider who, in accordance with new requirements, now uses special disinfecting detergents for washing
- all kitchenware and utensils are washed in hot water with disinfectant added
- all surfaces and touchpoints, both in the interior and exterior of the boat, are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
- toilets and showers are extra thoroughly cleaned with suitable cleaning agents and disinfected
- all consumables are disposed and changed with new items
LET'S DISCOVER TOGETHER HOLIDAY PERSPECTIVES IN THE NEW CIRCUMSTANCES!
After months spent in lockdown, relaxing holidays are something we would all need the most now. However, given the still-ongoing measures and warnings, for most of us, it is rather difficult to think of going on holidays at the moment. But life goes on. If we haven't already, sooner or later we will need to return back to normal or to say it correctly adjust to the "new normal". As Charles Darwin said, " It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most adaptable to change.” So if we don't want to end like dinosaurs we will need to adjust our ways of life, work and travel to the new circumstances and stop regretting the "good old times" since nothing will ever be the same for sure, but that doesn't mean it will not be better. Let's look on the bright side and find the positivity on the other side of this global crisis. Let's discover together holiday perspectives in the new circumstances!
WE ARE READY TO WELCOME YOU ONBOARD
Since the end of 2019. season in Fair Wind Yacht Charter we have been working hard to prepare well for 2020. season. Coronavirus crisis has surprised us, as it did the rest of the world, but after the first shock, we adjusted to the new situation and progressed with the work. As a result of our dedicated work we are ready to welcome guests on our boats anytime.
We are looking forward to meeting you in sunny Split!
Fair Wind Yacht Charter Team